By the way - if you want to treat our pets to the things they want & need the most, you can sponsor enrichment items like these for our pets by purchasing a gift from our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide. Choose from a variety of symbolic sponsorships to support our programs in most urgent need of funding, and you'll receive a special holiday card and gift certificate explaining the impact your gift has made. Any recipient will surely be touched to know that you chose to support the welfare and rescue of animals in their honor. Enrichment-related sponsorship options include catnip parties, toys & activities, and soft bedding for pets in transport.
Top Trending Holiday Gifts (According to SPCA Pets)
This holiday season, many of us are shopping for gifts for our own pets! But the pet stores have so many options - how can you choose? Luckily, our pets at the SPCA have their paws on the pulse! We thought you might like to know what the SPCA's official Trend Forecasters think will be popular gifts for pets this year.
So we asked SPCA pets: What are the hot gifts of the season? Here's what they recommend!
- Tennis balls.
- More tennis balls.
- Different color tennis balls.
- However many tennis balls you have, you probably need a few more.
- Soft toys.
- Squeaky toys.
- Rope toys.
- Ball toys.
- Puzzle toys.
- Agility set.
- Hot dogs.
- Actually anything that could be considered food.
- And probably some assorted toys to replace the ones that exploded in the first 30 seconds (definitely have no idea how that happened, by the way).
- Many soft blankets for napping upon.
- Bulk quantities of ball toys so that you'll never run out as they begin vanishing into the great black hole behind the couch.
- Lots and lots of canned food.
- A self-scratcher for easy, 24/7 cheek rubs.
- Cardboard boxes in various shapes and sizes.
- A gentlemanly woven turtleneck sweater, perhaps in lovely hand-spun alpaca wool.
- Grass-fed, free-range 100% beef jerky treats.
- Memory foam elevated dog bed. High-thread-count sheets are a must.
Kevin would like:
- Things to chew on.
- Things to hide in that he can also chew on.
- For that cat over there to please stop looking at him like that.
- Now that he thinks about it - a nice sturdy, cat-proof enclosure.
Sometimes it's the little things that make an unfamiliar place feel safe and welcoming. While our pets are only here with us temporarily, this can often be a stressful process for them and we always aim to provide the creature comforts that keep them happy and enriched as they await their forever homes.
If you want to give a gift that's meaningful for any animal-lover and that supports SPCA programs, including anything from providing toys and treats to funding life-saving medical care, shop through our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide. All proceeds from your purchase will fund SPCA supplies, rescue expenses, and medical costs.
Each sponsorship includes a special holiday card and a gift certificate explaining the impact your gift has made for our homeless pets. These sponsorships make great gifts for even the hardest to shop for, and are sure to touch the heart of your recipient.
On behalf of all our pets, thank you for your kindness and generosity this holiday season!