Adoptions by Appointment
Adopting During the Pandemic
During this time, we are closed to the general public, but are still processing adoptions over the phone and scheduling adoptions by appointment only.
How to Schedule:
- Determine what pet(s) you are interested in adopting. (We recommend having more than one pet in mind.) To view available dogs/puppies, click here. To view available cats/kittens, click here. To view available small pets, click here.
- Fill out the appropriate adoption survey listed below.
- When you click "Submit" your responses will be emailed to our Adoption Team. You will receive a confirmation email.
- An Adoption Specialist will contact you to schedule a 1-on-1 appointment (Please note, due to so much adoption interest, it may be a week or more before you hear from someone.)
What to expect:
The majority of the adoption process will be done over the phone and via video. This way our team is able to manage a low-flow of traffic in and around the adoption center. After submitting your survey, someone from the adoption team will call to discuss the survey via phone. Please make every effort to be available when you receive that call. If the adoption team leaves a voicemail or sends an email, the adopter will have 4 hours to return the call, due to the high volume of adoption interest we receive.
If all goes well, an appointment is scheduled for the adopter to meet and finalize the adoption process. You may also have the option of adopting the pet without meeting them in person, so please ask the adoption specialist if you are interested in this. Most of our pets have adorable videos on our website that show off their personalities!
Please note, all staff and adopters are required to wear masks to enter the building.
The adoption team is able to accept up to 3 adoption surveys per pet.
Appointments to meet and finalize the adoption process will be limited to 30 minutes.
All cats must have a carrier to leave the building (you are welcome to buy one in the SPCA's Retail Store). All dogs must leave on a martingale dog collar or a harness (these are also available for purchase in the SPCA's Retail Store).
While continuing adoption by appointments, the following guidelines will still be in place:
Please know, we are processing the adoption surveys as soon as possible, and we are operating on a first-come/first-served email basis.
1– When completing your adoption survey, please have the pet you’re interested in mind (we are unable to let visitors in the building to "browse").
*If you have more than one possible pet in mind, there's no need to send in multiple surveys - please include your backup choices on your survey. (Remember, even if it doesn’t say “adoption pending” for a pet on the website, someone may have just sent in a survey for him/her.)
*If you are interested in adopting more than one pet, please specify that on your adoption survey.
2- Filling out the appropriate survey (dog, cat, or small pet) is the best way to hold your place in line. There is no need to follow up with a call.
3- Once your survey has been submitted, please hold tight as we make our way down the list (please know it may be a week or more before you receive a call back from our team). Don't worry - your place in line for the pet you've chosen is held once you send in a survey! (You should receive a confirmation email upon submitting.)
4- Haven’t found your perfect match yet? You’re welcome to send in a survey without listing a particular pet, but the adoption team must prioritize surveys for pets currently in our care. If you aren’t in a hurry to adopt and just want to discuss your options, you may send in a general survey, but it may be quite some time before we can reach out to you. We recommend waiting until you find someone you like on our website and then sending in your survey with that pet’s name.
- Adult Dog Adoption Fees (7 months and older): $95.00
- Puppy Adoption Fees (6 months and younger): $250.00
- Adult Cat Adoption Fees (7 months and older): $45.00
- Kitten Adoption Fees (6 months and younger): $150.00
- Bunny Adoption Fee: $35.00
- Guinea Pig Adoption Fee: $15.00