Saving Lives Spay/Neuter Clinic
UPDATE: The situation with Coronavirus/COVID-19 in our community is evolving rapidly. Because of this we have stopped taking new appointments at the clinic. Please keep checking back regularly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Important: The clinic uses a self-scheduling platform, which allows pet owners to select a date that works best for them. The day of surgery, check in starts promptly at 7:30am and pick up starts at 3:30pm. Dogs must arrive and leave on leash and collar/harness. Cats must arrive and leave in a carrier.
Age/weight requirements: The minimum age/weight requirement for surgery is 4 months and 3 pounds.
Rabies Vaccine: Please provide an up-to-date Rabies certificate upon check-in, otherwise a Rabies vaccine is included with the surgery cost.
Trapped cats – for all trapped cats, please call 919-772-0211 to schedule an appointment (please do not use the self-schedule button).
Please note: The person signing the consent form and dropping the patient off in the morning must be the legal owner of the animal. If you represent a shelter or rescue group and wish to get information on working with us to have your animals spayed and neutered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be signed on as a volume client before making spay/neuter appointments for specific animals.
Please see below to view clinic prices and additional services offered.
Saving Lives Spay/Neuter Clinic
300 Petfinder Lane
(alongside the SPCA Adoption Center)
Raleigh, NC 27603
Questions: Please direct any inquiries to the Saving Lives Client Service Representatives at 919-772-0211 (Monday — Friday between 1pm and 5pm) or email email@example.com.
Since opening in 2009, more than 62,000 animals have been spayed or neutered through the Saving Lives Clinic – preventing an estimated 309,385 animals from ever entering the sheltering system or needing animal control services! We are excited to continue this important work and better serve our community as we re-open for public appointments! Click here for record requests.
Services & Pricing
The following prices include surgical sterilization, rabies vaccine, distemper combo vaccine, bordetella (for dogs), and pain relief at the time of surgery and post-surgery. Check in starts promptly at 7:30 am and pick up starts at 3:30 pm.
- Female Dog $125
- Male Dog $115
- Female Cats $75
- Male Cats $65
- Feral/Community Cats (includes ear tipping) please call 919-772-0211 for pricing.
Please keep in mind that there may be additional fees for:
- Animals that are in-heat or pregnant $25-$65
- Cryptorchid (undescended testicles) $20-$60
- Hernia repair $15
- Capstar flea pill (if live fleas present) $8
We highly recommend these additional services:
- Microchip (includes registration) $20
- E-collar $10
- Heartworm testing for dogs $25
- Heartworm prevention: Heartgard Plus single dose $8 | Heartgard Plus 6 month supply $48
- Flea/tick prevention: NexGard single dose $17 | NexGard 6 month supply $102 | NexGard 1 year supply $204
- Flea/tick prevention: Vectra single dose $16 | Vectra 6 month supply $96 | Vectra 1 year supply $192
- Feline Leukemia/FIV test $25
- Feline Leukemia vaccine $20
- Heartworm/flea/tick prevention: Revolution single dose $15 | 6 month supply $90 | 1 year supply $180
Additional Questions: Please direct any inquiries to the Saving Lives Client Service Representatives at 919-772-0211 (Monday — Friday between 1 P.M. and 5 P.M.) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.