The SPCA of Wake County offers a summer reading program for children in grades K through 5. Children are invited to our Adoption Center to read their favorite stories to shelter pets, so that they can develop confidence in their reading abilities in a fun and pressure-free environment. New this year, children will be assigned to read to two different types of animals (based upon availability either cats, dogs, or bunnies and small pets) for 20 minutes each (for a total of 40 minutes of reading)! For the rest of the session, they will participate in a structured activity that will vary each week.
Sessions are one hour long and take place every other Monday.
ALERT Parents/Guardian – You Need to Know
- You must attend with your child.
- You (the parent/guardian) must register for the session (no walk-ins)
- Only 10 parent spaces available at each session
- Max participants per registration is 3 people (1 parent & 2 children). This if for the safety and comfort of our adoptable pets!
- For Parent Registration: Below, click the time of the day you want to attend Cat Tales and register YOURSELF for the program. You will be able to tell us about the child(ren) coming with you, during the registration process.
Cat Tales Sessions:
June 25, 2018 at 11am (sold out) and 12pm (sold out)
July 9, 2018 at 11 am (sold out) and 12pm (sold out)
July 23, 2018 at 11am (sold out) and 12pm
August 6, 2018 at 11am (sold out) and 12pm (sold out)
August 20, 2018 at 11am (sold out) and 12pm (sold out)
**Times without links are sold out or in the past
Sarah Streeper, Event Assistant, email@example.com, 919-532-7066