Volunteers are vital to the success of the SPCA and the enrichment of our animals. Thank you for considering volunteering with us!
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. However, volunteers may bring a minor (7-17 years old) with them on some tasks (Learn more about Youth Opportunities)
- Must commit to volunteering at least 25 hours per year (one shift per month).
- Must have consistent access to internet and email.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions, and work well with others.
- Must attend a New Volunteer Orientation and sign a Waiver before volunteering. Additional training(s) may be required.
Please read about our Volunteer Opportunities and Foster Care Program to decide if volunteering is right for you. You can also take a virtual tour (from a puppy’s point of view) of the SPCA’s two buildings (the Holding Center and the Adoption Center) via this video.
The next step to becoming a volunteer is to attend a New Volunteer Orientation at our Adoption Center. Click the button to select a date, review the information, then click “Sign me up.” Due to space constraints, you must be 14 or older to attend orientation.