Volunteers are vital to the success of the SPCA and the enrichment of our animals. Thanks for your interest in volunteering with us!
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. However, adults may volunteer with a minor (7-17 years old) on some tasks (see youth requirements).
- Must commit to volunteering at least 25 hours per year (one shift per month).
- Must have consistent access to internet and email.
- Must be able to follow instructions (written and verbal) and work well with others.
- Must attend a New Volunteer Orientation and sign a waiver before volunteering. Additional training(s) may be required.
Please read about our volunteer tasks and Foster Care Program to decide if volunteering is right for you. You can also watch this video for a virtual tour of the SPCA’s two buildings: the Admission (Holding) Center and Pet Adoption Center.
The first step to becoming a volunteer is to attend a New Volunteer Orientation at our Pet Adoption Center. Click here to select a date, review the information, then click “Sign me up.” You must be 18 to sign up for an orientation.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer court-related community service hours.
Current Volunteer? Go here for more information.