Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Volunteers are vital to our mission and the wellness of our animals.
Because we rely on volunteers to help us with nearly everything we do, reliability and commitment are very important to us. We invest time in training our volunteers to ensure a safe and meaningful experience, so we ask that our volunteers commit to at least one year of service, and hopefully longer : )
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Parents/Guardians: Your child (ages 7-17) may accompany you after you become a volunteer (see youth requirements).
- Must commit to volunteer at least 25 hours per year (one shift per month).
- Must have consistent access to internet and email.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work well with others and independently (without supervision).
- Must attend a Volunteer Orientation and sign a waiver before volunteering.
1. Please review our volunteer tasks to see which are a good fit for you, and note your top 4 choices.
2. The next step is to fill out a Volunteer Application. Your application will be reviewed, and if we have volunteer needs that match your interests and availability, we will email you to schedule a Volunteer Orientation. Check your spam/junk folder if you don’t hear from us within 2-3 weeks (please no calls).
3. After you submit an application, feel free to take a virtual tour of our Admission (Holding) Center and Pet Adoption Center.
- Does the SPCA have any group or short-term volunteer opportunities? Not at this time.
- Does the SPCA offer court-ordered or lawyer-recommended community service hours? No, unfortunately, we do not.
- If my child volunteers with me, can s/he get credit hours for school? Yes, please see youth requirements for details.
Current volunteers: Go here