PET LOVERS WANTED!
Volunteers are vital to our mission and the wellness of our animals. Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Parents/Guardians: Your child (ages 7-17) may accompany you after you become a volunteer (see youth requirements).
- Must commit to volunteering at least 25 hours per year (one shift per month).
- Must have consistent access to the internet and email.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work well with others and independently (without supervision).
- Must attend a New Volunteer Orientation and sign a waiver before volunteering.
Current volunteers: Go here
- 1. Please review our volunteer tasks to see which are a good fit for you, and note your top 4 choices.
- 2. The next step is to fill out a Volunteer Application (below). Your application will be reviewed, and if we have volunteer needs that match your interests and availability, we will schedule you for a New Volunteer Orientation.
- 3. After you submit an application, feel free to take a virtual tour of our Admission (Holding) Center and Pet Adoption Center.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer court-ordered or lawyer-recommended community service.
- Does the SPCA have any group or short-term volunteer opportunities? Not at this time.
- Does the SPCA offer court-ordered or lawyer-recommended community service hours? No, unfortunately, we do not.
- If my child volunteers with me, can s/he get credit hours for school? Yes, please see youth requirements for details.