PET LOVERS WANTED!
Volunteers are vital to our mission and the wellness of our animals. Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
All volunteer activity has been suspended during the COVID-19 outbreak. If you would like to volunteer after the SPCA re-opens, please complete the application below.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old (youth may accompany parent/guardian volunteers – see youth requirements).
- Must commit to volunteering at least 25 hours per year (one shift per month).
- Must have consistent access to the internet and email.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work well with others and independently (without supervision).
- Must attend a New Volunteer Orientation and sign a waiver before volunteering.
- Please review our volunteer tasks to see which are a good fit for you, and note your top 4 choices.
- The next step is to fill out a Volunteer Application (below). Your application will be reviewed, and if we have volunteer needs that match your interests and availability, we will schedule you for a New Volunteer Orientation.
- After you submit an application, feel free to take a virtual tour of our Admission (Holding) Center and Pet Adoption Center.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer court-related or lawyer-recommended community service.
- Does the SPCA have any group or short-term volunteer opportunities? Not at this time.
- Does the SPCA offer court-ordered or lawyer-recommended community service hours? No, unfortunately, we do not.
- If my child volunteers with me, can s/he get credit hours for school? Yes, please see youth requirements for details.