Our talented and generous volunteers help us with a wide range of assignments. We are confident that you will be able to find a volunteer team assignment that fits with what you are looking for! We have a lot that you can do, from washing dishes to helping us with administrative stuff, we have an opportunity for you! Apply today to learn more and complete our online orientation!!
New or a Returning SPCA Volunteer*?
WE CANNOT WAIT FOR YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM AND FAMILY!
Thank you for bearing with us! The transition will be complete in the Spring of 2024!
We apologize for the delay.*If you have not volunteered in the past 6 months, you will be required to complete the new volunteer orientation before returning to the SPCA's volunteer program.
Current Volunteer? We love you!
Use Volgistics to access our Online Learning Portal, Schedule, and stay up-to-date with what's new!
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a Team Player! We are in this together. Our volunteers must be able to work well with others and work independently (without supervision).
- Commit to at least one shift per month for the next 12 months.
- Complete All New Volunteer requirements. Our onboarding process is online!
- Complete all volunteer task training requirements. All volunteers must complete the required training in its entirety.
- Ability to understand and follow all SPCA Wake and volunteer task safety guidelines and protocols.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. For the health and safety of pets and people at the SPCA, our volunteers must be able to follow all protocols and instructions given by staff.
- Have consistent access to the internet and email. We communicate with our volunteers through email, and we have changed the way that we train to online training courses to make it easier than ever to volunteer with us!
Unfortunately, we are not currently able to accommodate:
- Adult/Youth Co-Volunteer Teams at this time.- Our Youth Co-Volunteer Program is coming soon! Please do not fill out an Adult Volunteer Application if you are planning on being part of a Youth Co-Volunteer Team, we will have the program up and running very soon! Thank you for your patience!!
- Community Service Verification for Court-Ordered Community Service at this time.
- Short-Term Volunteering. - We are currently only able to accept volunteers who can commit to at least one shift per month for at least 12 months. *We are not able to accommodate community service assignments of less than 30 hours that are due within a 3 month period.