How to Change Your Will

Leveraging Your Will for Your Legacy

Life changes. The will you created years ago, or even just last year, may not reflect your current wishes and circumstances. But just because you need to update your will does not mean you need a whole new one.

Changes can be made to your will through a codicil. This should be prepared by a qualified attorney to ensure it is legal and lasting. A codicil amends your will, leaving all but the changed portion intact.

Use Your Will to Create a Legacy

One reason people may wish to change their will is to include gifts to the organizations and places you care about. If you are interested in supporting the SPCA of Wake County, simply contact Will Anzenberger to request a copy of our bequest language, which your attorney can use to make your gift.

Note: Some life changes, such as a move to a different state or a change in marital status, may require a new will to be written. Your estate planning attorney can help you decide which option works best for your situation.

Need Help?

Want to learn more about using your will to make a lasting impact at the SPCA? Contact Mondy Lamb at or 919-532-2086 to start the conversation. We are happy to discuss the difference your future gift can make.