The SPCA of Wake County offers a summer reading program for children in grades K through 5. Children are invited to our Adoption Center to read their favorite stories to shelter pets, so that they can develop confidence in their reading abilities in a fun and pressure-free environment. New this year, children will be assigned to read to two different animals (which could include cats, dogs, bunnies and small pets or a combination thereof) for 20 minutes each (for a total of 40 minutes of reading)! For the rest of the session, they will participate in a structured activity that will vary each week.
Sessions are one hour long and take place every other Monday.
ALERT Parents/Guardian – You Need to Know
- You must attend with your child.
- You (the parent/guardian) must register for the session (no walk-ins)
- Only 10 parent spaces available at each session
- Max participants per registration is 3 people (1 parent & 2 children). This is for the safety and comfort of our adoptable pets!
- For Parent Registration: Below, click the time of the day you want to attend Cat Tales and register YOURSELF for the program. You will be able to tell us about the child(ren) coming with you, during the registration process.
Cat Tales Sessions:
**Times without links are sold out or in the past
Molly Stone, Director of Community Initiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-532-2096
Top Photo Credit: In Between The Blinks