Join Our Team
Staff Veterinarian (full-time)
Overview: The SPCA of Wake County (Raleigh, North Carolina) is a progressive, forward-thinking, and fast-growing non-profit organization that exists to transform the lives of pets and people through protection, care, education, and adoption. We take in and care for approximately 4,000 animals per year and our organizational culture is based on collaboration, mutual respect, trust and teamwork. We support and encourage a healthy work/life balance.
We are currently seeking a full-time veterinarian to provide medical care and oversight for all animals within our shelter and foster care program. Responsibilities do not require spay/neuter surgery or significant interaction with the public.
- Candidates must have a DVM in good standing from an accredited academic institution and have or be able to obtain a North Carolina veterinary license within one month of hire.
- Preferred candidates will have at least three years’ practical experience as a DVM, ideally with experience in shelter medicine or be a Graduate with specialty in shelter medicine.
- Candidates must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple priorities, and create and maintain a positive and supportive work culture. Collaboration, friendliness and a constant focus on the mission of the organization are strongly required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Predictable schedule
- Administrative support
- Excellent Health Benefits
- Shelter Medicine CE
Interested? For a full position description or to submit a resume, please e-mail Lisa Kroll, vice president of operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.