Pet Helpline Assistant
This Volunteer Team Assignment will focus on human & pet services working closely with our Community Initiatives Team!
Since the Pet Helpline is new and still growing, volunteer help is needed with making outbound calls to provide general resources to those in our community that call us to make an inquiry. For this assignment, the volunteer roles will vary and change over time to help us serve our community better!
As a Pet Helpline Assistant, you will be assisting our Pet Helpline Team by:
- Managing incoming inquiries regarding a variety of topics, including:
- Lost & found pets
- Community/Colony cats
- Low-cost Veterinary services
- Rehoming services, and more.
- Making Outbound calls to provide general resources to those who have contacted us with an inquiry.
- Important Note: Volunteers will not be required to or responsible for following up with any inquiries that they may be uncomfortable with.
- There will be opportunities for light data management as needed.
We are searching for volunteers who are:
- Patient, kind & compassionate.
- Comfortable using a computer.
- Understanding of Google Suite or Microsoft Office is a bonus, but not required.
Training will be provided to those interested in becoming a Pet Helpline Volunteer by one of our Pet Helpline Staff members: Sassy Kerr or Tyler Kindschuh. Here are more details about the training:
- Training is gradual, consisting of a training session, a shadow session, and on-the-job training.
- 2- Hour Shift weekly or bi-weekly commitment is preferred, but we can be flexible.
If you are interested in helping the Pet Helpline, but aren't comfortable with following up on inquiries, please reach out and let us know you are interested! The Pet Helpline is still new and under development. That means there is a lot to do, so we might have a task for you!