ONLINE LEARNING PORTAL 2022
Welcome to the Volunteer Online Learning Portal!
Thank you for volunteering! In an effort to simplify and streamline trainings and communication at the SPCA we have created this Online Learning Portal for you to simply click on what you would like to train in! It is that simple!
The gratitude we feel towards our volunteers can never truly be placed into words, and we hope that no matter what life brings that when you are here, you feel valued, appreciated, and loved. Because we really do love our volunteers, and we cannot do this without them!
Most of your questions can be answered by going to the online Volgistics Guide by clicking on the button below. Please utilize this resource before emailing the Director of Volunteers. If your questions have not been answered, please fill out the form on the page for further assistance. Thank you!!
GUESTS: BRINGING AN ADULT OR YOUTH GUEST WITH YOU TO YOUR SHIFT
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES & TRAINING LIBRARY
NOTE: This Volunteer Team Assignment requires volunteers to complete the Online Training and a Shadow Training Session with a Lead/Mentor Volunteer.
PUPPY BUTLERNOTE: This Volunteer Team Assignment require volunteers to complete the Online Training. Once it is complete and your account is updated, you can start signing up for shifts!
PET PROMOTER TRAINING (FORMERLY KNOWN AS MATCHMAKER)
PAWPURRAZZI & INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER* NEW
Take adorable pictures that we can use for their profiles! Write down behavior notes that help us get to know them and give us quotes we can use to show the public why YOU would adopt them!
CAT BUTLER- (ADOPTION) TRAINING
*SPECIAL NOTE: Once you have completed the Kitten Butler Training Online and your account has been updated, you can start signing up for shifts! Remember: This is only for Kitten Room, not any of the other Adult Cat Rooms!! Thank you!!
PET PRESENTER TRAINING (FORMERLY KNOWN AS MATCHMAKER)
ADOPTION ADVOCATE* NEW
Adoption Advocates will serve as important information conduits to the Adoption team. Spend time with pets and tell us what’s so special about them! Take adorable pictures that we can use for their profiles! Write down behavior notes that help us get to know them and give us quotes we can use to show the public why YOU would adopt them!
SMALL PETS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
SMALL PETS BUTLER
IN-PERSON TRAINING. PLEASE SEE VOLGITSTICS FOR TRAINING SCHEDULE!
Please make sure that you are reviewing the Standard Operating Practices before coming in for your training session with a Lead Volunteer!
If you cannot view the training schedule, contact the Director of Volunteers to update your account!! Thank you!
- Volunteers that are interested in General Cleaning we recommend that you complete the Laundry Training, sometimes we need our General Cleaning Volunteers to help fold and put away laundry, and there is a certain way it is done!!
- Beyond helping with the Laundry, your training will be on-the-job. Here is a list of tasks that you may be asked to complete!
- Dishes (this is a huge help!)
- Cleaning crates in the grooming tubs/stacking and organizing clean, dry crates in appropriate places
- Sweeping the stock room
- Sweeping food prep room
- Sweeping the back hallways behind the scenes
- Cleaning windows throughout the building
- Stocking toys, blankets and towels in their respective places in the dog pod cabinets
- Rinsing out grooming tubs/clearing out the tub drains
- Changing out towels in food prep room (on counter and on floor)
- Refilling soap in food prep room and grooming room
- Making enrichment (see staff member if you need assistance and refer to list if you need ideas)
- Refilling hand sanitizer bottles throughout the building
- Laundry (if there isn’t already a laundry volunteer)