You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer at the SPCA.
However, youth (7-17 years old) may participate with an adult volunteer under the following conditions:
- The adult is the primary volunteer with the responsibility for making sure the task gets done.
- The task must be approved for Adult/Youth teams. See Volunteer Tasks for details.
- The youth must have a signed waiver on file.
- Youth must be under the adult’s supervision at all times, and must follow instructions given by adult and staff.
- Youth should not be rowdy or loud.
- Youth cannot be alone with any animal at any time.
- Only adults may handle dogs. Youth can assist on some dog tasks, but adult must maintain control of dog at all times.
Youth can receive credit hours for assisting an adult volunteer on an approved shift. If you have questions, please email us.