You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer at the SPCA.
However, youth (7-17 years old) may participate with their parent or guardian under the following conditions:
- The adult is the primary volunteer with responsibility for the task.
- The task must be suitable for Adult/Youth teams. See volunteer tasks for details.
- Youth must have a signed waiver on file.
- Youth must be under the adult’s supervision at all times, and follow instructions given by adult and staff.
- Youth should not be rowdy or loud.
- Youth cannot be alone with any animal at any time.
- When working with dogs, adults must maintain control of dog at all times (youth may not hold leashes).
Youth can receive credit hours for assisting their parent/guardian, and can begin volunteering after parent/guardian completes orientation. If you have questions, please email us.