The SPCA of Wake County offers a summer reading program for children in grades K through 5. Children are invited to our Adoption Center to read their favorite stories to shelter pets, so that they can develop confidence in their reading abilities in a fun and pressure-free environment. New this year, children will be assigned to read to two different animals (which could include cats, dogs, bunnies and small pets or a combination thereof) for 20 minutes each (for a total of 40 minutes of reading)! For the rest of the session, they will participate in a structured activity that will vary each week.
Sessions are one hour long and take place every other Monday.
ALERT Parents/Guardian – You Need to Know
- You must attend with your child.
- You (the parent/guardian) must register for the session (no walk-ins)
- Only 10 parent spaces available at each session
- Max participants per registration is 3 people (1 parent & 2 children). This is for the safety and comfort of our adoptable pets!
- For Parent Registration: Below, click the time of the day you want to attend Cat Tales and register YOURSELF for the program. Each parent registration is a $5 donation to the SPCA. You will be able to tell us about the child(ren) coming with you, during the registration process.
Cat Tales Sessions:
June 10, 2019 at 11am-SOLD OUT and 12pm-SOLD OUT
June 24, 2019 at 11am and 12pm-SOLD OUT
July 8, 2019 at 11am-SOLD OUT and 12pm
July 22, 2019 at 11am-SOLD OUT and 12pm – SOLD OUT
August 5, 2019 at 11am-SOLD OUT and 12pm-SOLD OUT
August 19, 2019 11am-SOLD OUT and 12pm-SOLD OUT
**Times without links are sold out or in the past
Molly Stone, Director of Community Initiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-532-2096
Top Photo Credit: In Between The Blinks