The SPCA of Wake County offers a summer reading program for children in grades K through 5. Children are invited to our Adoption Center to read their favorite stories to shelter cats, so that they can develop confidence in their reading abilities in a fun and pressure-free environment. They will also be able to take a tour of the Adoption Center, meet our animals, and learn about responsible pet ownership.
Sessions are one hour long and take place every other Tuesday.
ALERT Parents/Guardian – You Need to Know
- You must attend with your child.
- You (the parent/guardian) must register for the session (no walk-ins)
- Only 10 parent spaces available at each session
- Max participants per registration is 3 people (1 parent & 2 children). This if for the safety and comfort of our adoptable cats!
- For Parent Registration: Below, click the time of the day you want to attend Cat Tales and register YOURSELF for the program. You will be able to tell us about the child(ren) coming with you, during the registration process.
Cat Tales Sessions:
June 27, 2017 at 11am and 1pm
July 11, 2017 at 11am and 1pm
July 25, 2017 at 11am and 1pm NEW: 3pm
August 8, 2017 at 11am and 1pm
August 22, 2017 at 11am and 1pm
**Times without links are sold out or in the past
Sarah Streeper, Outreach & Event Assistant, email@example.com, 919-532-7066
Top Photo Credit: In Between The Blinks